This conference is the twenty-fourth in the series of international conferences on paste, thickened and filtered tailings (P&TT) initiated by the ACG in 1999, and reflects the developing maturity of P&TT management.
Paste 2021 seeks to explore the considerations needed to raise the mining industry leaders’ awareness of how important environmental stewardship, with regard to their tailings facilities, is to long-term industry sustainability.
Over the past decade, the potential benefits to be gained from adopting thickened tailings technology on mining operations have become widely accepted, and there would be few mine feasibility studies presently undertaken that do not include this as an option to be evaluated.
Very interestingly, a number of operations are now retrofitting their plants and tailings storages from conventional to thickened technology. The reason for this is the increase in the mass of tailings that can be accommodated on a given footprint and, more importantly, the greater volume of water that can be recovered for reuse in the plant in arid areas.
- Thickening and filtration
- Surface disposal
- Underground and backfill
- Closure and rehabilitation
- Case studies
- Emerging issues and technologies
- Instrumentation and monitoring of tailings
Click here to view the event brochure.
Who should attend
This conference represents a valuable opportunity for academics, designers, practitioners, consultants and suppliers to discuss best practice, improved methods and technology, all with an emphasis on safety, efficiency and environmental impact.
- Click here to see papers on paste, thickened and filtered tailings on the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
- Click here for the 23rd International Conference on Paste, Thickened and Filtered Tailings – Virtual Conference website.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for the 24th International Conference on Paste, Thickened and Filtered Tailings. Click here to learn more.