This conference is the twenty-fourth in the series of international conferences on paste, thickened and filtered tailings (P&TT) initiated by the ACG in 1999, and reflects the developing maturity of P&TT management.
Paste 2021 seeks to explore the considerations needed to raise the mining industry leaders’ awareness of how important environmental stewardship, with regard to their tailings facilities, is to long-term industry sustainability.
Over the past decade, the potential benefits to be gained from adopting thickened tailings technology on mining operations have become widely accepted, and there would be few mine feasibility studies presently undertaken that do not include this as an option to be evaluated.
Very interestingly, a number of operations are now retrofitting their plants and tailings storages from conventional to thickened technology. The reason for this is the increase in the mass of tailings that can be accommodated on a given footprint and, more importantly, the greater volume of water that can be recovered for reuse in the plant in arid areas.
This conference will be held as a traditional physical event in Fremantle, Western Australia, COVID-19 permitting, (for up-to-date information, visit https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus) as well as an online event, allowing participation from anywhere in the world.
- Thickening and filtration
- Emerging issues and technology
- Case studies
- Surface disposal
- Instrumentation and monitoring of tailings
- Underground backfill
Click here to view the program.
Who should attend
This conference represents a valuable opportunity for academics, designers, practitioners, consultants and suppliers to discuss best practice, improved methods and technology, all with an emphasis on safety, efficiency and environmental impact.
- Paste 2021 papers are now freely available to download from the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
- View the program here.
- Is the Future Filtered? Paste and Thickened Taillings Short Course will be held 20 September 2021. Click here to learn more.
- Join the International Paste, Thickened and Filtered Tailings Conference Series LinkedIn page for the latest news.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for the Paste 2021 Conference. Click here to learn more.