26th International Conference on Paste, Thickened and Filtered Tailings
16–18 April 2024 | Pullman Melbourne on the Park, Melbourne, Australia
- View the list of accepted abstracts.
- Associated events, Troubleshooting Your Flocculation and Thickening Processes Workshop, Rheology Fundamentals for Slurries and Pastes Short Course and Mine Fill Seminar are now available for registration. Click here to learn more.
- Paste 2023 papers are available from the Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
- See below for information on the upcoming Comprehensive Mine Fill Handbook.
- The ACG is delighted to welcome both international and domestic attendees to this event. For attendees intending to travel to Australia for the event, please see acg.uwa.edu.au/attend for information on visa requirements. We encourage international attendees to secure visas early.
- Thickening and filtration
- Emerging issues and technology
- Case studies
- Surface disposal
- Instrumentation and monitoring of taillings
- Underground and backfill
ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings
There is a range of papers from previous Paste conferences that are freely available to download from the Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
Paste 2023 papers are freely available for download at papers.acg.uwa.edu.au/paste2023.
mXrap’s Paste Backfill Design app is designed to help engineers to do the following:
- Calculate paste fill volumes and bund capacities.
- Assess the fill stresses and stability for vertical and horizontal exposures.
- Analyse UCS test results and fit a strength prediction model.
- Assess the pressure and friction profile of the paste reticulation path.
Click here to learn more.
On the horizon…
Comprehensive Mine Fill Handbook
Co-editors Professor Yves Potvin and Dr Ryan Veenstra, together with worldwide mine fill experts, are writing a new and comprehensive technical publication to examine the evolution of mine fill practice over the last two decades. This handbook seeks to advance the safe, efficient and economic application of fill within the mining community.
This comprehensive publication will explore both the theoretical and practical aspects of mine fill application with a range of examples covering:
Mine Fill Within the Mining and Tailings Life Cycle
Professor Yves Potvin
Professor of Mining Geomechanics
Australian Centre for Geomechanics
Dr Ryan Veenstra
Global Backfill Specialist
- Mine fill constitutive materials
- Classification and dewatering of tailings
- Fluid mechanics of mine fill
- Geomechanics of mine fill
- Mine fill placement and risk mitigation
- Mine fill management
- Mine fill exposure stability
- Cemented rockfill systems
- Hydraulic fill systems
- Cemented paste mine fill systems
- Underground distribution system
- Early age behaviour of hydraulic and paste fill and their containment
This publication will be a valuable reference for mining practitioners, early career geotechnical engineers, operating and regulatory professionals, consultants, academics, researchers and other mine fill peers.