Fremantle will expect to be enjoying an average daytime temperature in the region of 20 degrees Celcius, dropping to around 11 degrees at night, with an average of around 9 hours of sunshine per day. The sun can be dangerous, even in cloudy weather, so be sure to take care of yourself by packing a broad brimmed hat, long sleeved shirt and sunscreen (SPF 50+). For those wanting a swim in the ocean, the water temperature at this time of years averages around 22 degrees.
Perth Airport is Perth’s main airport, and is located 27.6 km, or a 38 minute drive from Fremantle, and the event venue. It is accessible by taxi, Uber, bus or hire car.
If you require a hire car, we recommend Budget, a car hire company that offers great service and competitive rates. Others to choose from include Europcar, Bayswater Car Rental, Avis and Hertz. You may also like to use a comparison website such as this one.
Public transport is available in the form of trains, buses and ferries. To help plan your trip, visit transperth.wa.gov.au.
Like many businesses and individuals, the ACG’s activities have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. We are mindful of this in our planning for events.
For the Shoppers
General business hours: Monday–Friday: 9am–5pm
Banks: Monday–Thursday: 9:30am–4pm, Friday: 9:30am–5pm
Post offices: Monday–Friday: 9am–5pm
Retail shops: Monday–Friday: 9am–5pm (Thursdays 9pm)
Saturday: 9am–5pm (check individual stores for specific hours)
Sunday: 11pm–5pm (some stores do not trade on Sundays; check individual stores for specific open hours)
Things to Do
Fremantle has many wonderful attractions and activities available, including:
- Enjoy a coffee along the ‘Cappuccino Strip’ or trendy Wray Ave, South Tce and High St.
- Potter through the Fremantle Markets.
- Enjoy street food at one of the outdoor food markets or food trucks.
- Enjoy fish and chips at the Fishing Boat Harbour and stroll along the boardwalk to Bathers Beach.
- Go on a walking or segway tour.
- Go underground on the fascinating Fremantle Prison Tunnel tour.
- Visit the WA Maritime Museum, WA Shipwreck Museum and Fremantle Arts Centre.
- Feast on the local flavours and indie vibe at one of the many restaurants and cafés.
- Sample boutique beer at one of the great micro-breweries.
- Find fashion, unique and eclectic shopping, original artworks and quirky gifts.
- Enjoy a swim at beautiful Bathers Beach – WA’s first licensed beach area.
- Take a stroll (or jump on a CAT bus) to South Fremantle and discover street art and murals.
- Explore shops, galleries and cafes in the historic West End.
- Jump on a ferry from B Shed to Rottnest Island
There are many ways to explore and learn more about Fremantle. With Fremantle’s fantastic weather and walkable streets, we recommend one of the varied walking tours offered by Two Feet and a Heartbeat. With a range covering Food Lover tours, Historical Convicts, Culture and Street Art tours, through to Crimes of Fremantle tours, there is something for all tastes.
Two Feet and a Heartbeat have kindly offered Paste 2021 delegates a discount off any tour, when you use the code “ACG2021” on an online booking. (Bookings can be made from now up to and including 31 October 2021, for use through to 30 November 2021)